La Tasquita de Enfrente




C/ Ballesta, 6
Madrid
Metro: Gran Vía
Telf: 91 532 54 49


Mari, Misa's sister came to visit us from Tokyo last week! It was really exciting to have her at home, because she is as Misa and I: a gourmet lover!
Misa and I planned to bring her to every restaurants and bars we love in Madrid and Barcelona!

Both of them, Mari and Misa, kindly invited me to one of the best restaurant in Madrid, I know, and I recommend them: La Tasquita de Enfrente held by Juanjo and su marvelous wife Mercedes!

I met Juanjo and Mercedes in St Helena at the Culinary Institute of America for the Spain at the World Table in 2006! We did together a conference about the Serrano ham cooking, and we shared very nice moments in the kitchen! Then I was used to bring my clients there when we have some informal dinner in town.

Juanjo was working in finance, when his mother wanted to stop the small restaurant she was running her whole life in this typical area of Madrid. He did not want to see the family business stop and he decided to take it over and follow the tradition. This is small restaurant behind the Gran Via, with no more than 10 tables, where politicians and famous personalities are going to enjoy this amazing cuisine!

So, I was really excited to bring to gourmet ladies there and make them discover this pure treasure! The girls were impressed and we had one of the best dinner we can imagine with the special "ensaladilla", the typical Spanish potatoes salad, made with Juanjo style: refined and delicate!!!!

The ceps were incredible, and then the toro and maguro at the oven were so smooth,... a real big experience, matched with the Priorato Les Terrasses 2007,... really, really nice!

One of my favourite dish there, that I was used to have, is the Madrid style "callos" (tripes). The best ones, I ever had in my life! And I can tell, that I tried the best ones in Madrid guided by my friend and mentor, Pedro. But Juanjo achieves in his cuisine, to bring to the sum-mum of all the traditional Spanish dishes in its highest expression of taste and delicacy!

The price is of course also according with the high quality of the fresh products made at the instant, but it is worthy to try it!!!!
The tasting menu is at 58 Euros,...



Comments

Popular Posts