Chinese New Year!


New Chinese year just began last week, with the tiger year!
This is one of the most important celebration and holiday for China and a lot of oter Asian countries!
As for the Western countries, this is a time to be in family, let behind the bad fortune and look forward luck, healthiness and wealthiness!

I started to think of my past trips to Asia, and one of the most impressive trip I did, was in Vietnam!!!! I travelled around the country 3 weeks in october 2008,... time is flying,... it seems to me that it was a couple of months!
As French people, I was really waiting for this trip and to discover this so rich gastronomy you have there!

In one of our stop going down from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh, was Hoi An, the gastronomic capital of the country! My friends and I webt for a cooking class there, while it was raining cats and dogs!

I want to share with you some of the recipes we made there and go remembering and celebrating New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts