Quick Asian Chicken style

Yesterday night, I had some friends who just stayed over for dinner. It was not really planned, and I needed a quick and easy recipe that I can do in front of them.
For 5 persons, you need:
- 2 big chicken breasts
- 100 grs. of snow peas (you can use green beans instead if you do not have the peas!)
- 100 grs. of mushrooms
- 200 grs. of noodles
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- soy sauce



First I steamed for 10 minutes the peas.
In the meanwhile, in a wok, I put together some sesame and olive oil and the garlic thinly chopped at medium heat.

When the garlic is frying, I add the mushrooms cut in 4 pieces. I let it 5 minutes stirring constantly and then add the chicken cut into pieces. When the chicken is almost done, I add the soy sauce (2 tbs. or more) and let it cook 2 minutes. 
Add then the snow peas, mix, cover and take off the heat. 

Cook the noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain them and add them to the chicken mixture. Salt and pepper and it is ready!


I served it with some soy sauce and Japanese sesame dressing. You can also propose a little bit of fresh lime juice or even better yuzu juice!


Easy, and quick (it took me 20 min in total),... and my guests really loved it!

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts