Halloween Scary-Spicy Shortbreads
I have to make a confession. I am not really keen on American celebrations, but last year I tried for the first time to organize a Halloween party at home. It had been such a success, that I do it again this year, and all my friends are just looking forward. They are all looking for costumes and ideas.
Part of the success of the party was the food I
|Halloween by Appetit Voyage|
Ingredients for 40 shortbreads
- 250 grs of wheat flour
- 125 grs of butter out of the fridge 30 min in advance
- 1 egg
- 1tea spoon of cinnamon
- 1 tbs. of cumin seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 tea spoon of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- black pepper
1. In a large bowl, put together the floor and all the spices and salt. Mix.
2. Add the egg and the smooth butter. Start to mix with your fingers tips, and step by step make the ingredients gets together, till you get a ball. Place the dough in a film and let it in the fridge for 30 min.
3. Turn the oven on to 180ºC.
4. Take dough out of the fridge, and roll it till it is 1 cm thick. Then, use some halloween shapes to cut the shortbreads, or do it on your own. I did not have some special shapes, so used a glass to make rounds, and then with a sharp knife, I created monsters, skulls and devils!!! I have to say that it is quite long but so much fun! Do it with your kids, you will just have a great time!
|Appetit Voyage Creation|
6. Put them in the oven for 20 min. Check if they are golden, and take them out, let them cool and devour them! You can also keep them in an air tight box for 2 weeks. So it is a great one to do in advance for the party!
I am always looking for new recipes ideas for Halloween, so please share your favorite ones. You know what I like: quick, easy and yummy! Thanks a lot in advance!
a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!
Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage
A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!
Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...
A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!