Stephi's coleslaw

Appetit Voyage goes coleslaw
Coleslaw salad by Stephi
Coleslaw is the traditional American salad that goes with any BBQ. When I discovered that actually, it was a Dutch recipe coming from the words "kool sla" which literally means cabbage salad, I decided to look closer to the recipes and try to find my own alternative as I never had been a fan of mayonnaise or heavy dressings. Instead, I really love the crunchiness of the raw cabbage and the possibility to mix colors

My Beebox brought me plenty of cabbages last week, so it was the perfect time to test my healthy and yummy coleslaw!

Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1/2 cabbage
- 1 big carrot
-  1 handful of nuts
- 1 handful of Goji berries

I tried 2 different dressings quite nice and complex with a lot of flavors!

Coleslaw Dijon dressing :
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. maple syrup 
- 2 tsp. of cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper

Appetit Voyage goes Coleslaw
Toast with mackerel
Coleslaw Yogurt's dressing:
- 4 tbsp. of fat yogurt
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. of caraway seeds
- salt and pepper

1/ Shred thinly the cabbages and carrots and mix them in a bowl.

2/ Prepare one of the 2 dressing mixing together the ingredients.

3/ Spread and mix properly the dressing with the coleslaw. Sprinkle the nuts and Goji on top and serve!

Appetit Voyage goes Coleslaw
Coleslaw's wrap by Stephi
I enjoyed it also really much on a toast with some smoked mackerel. I find it a beautiful side dish for the barbecue of course, but also any kind of grilled meat or fish. And my ultimate test was in a wrap, and I just loved it! 
As you can see the coleslaw is quite versatile, so it is just perfect to have a large bowl ready for the week and just change dressings and service every day.  
I am sooooo totally in love with the colors and the crunch! 

What do you eat with coleslaw usually? 

Anyone out there who would like to share another nice dressing with us?



 
a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great recipe!
I may add an easy trick, that I learnt from a San Francisco guy.
if you like the crunchy effect, try buying some cheap Japanese noodle soup, and add some of the spices to the dressing.just before serving, crush with your hands the unboiled noodles, and spread them over the salad, as well as some toasted sesame seeds.

Do not tell the guests, they will all love it!

Lots of love, Steph, and thanks for your great work.

Arturo

Popular Posts