Skip a Beat-root Hummus


Beetroot Hummus recipe by Appetit Voyage
Beetroot Hummus, BAM!
This is the best combo: a delicious and tasty hummus with the bright and healthy support of the beetroot! Such a great way to get your veggies and also surprise your guest for an aperitif!

Try it and it will make you skip a beat!
As I usually say to everybody, I do not like beetroot! But I looooove its bright color and how it pimp any dish where you include it.
After several years, experimenting with beetroots, I now see that I use it quite a lot, and even start to like it,...
The first time, I had to use it, was because it appears in my veggie delivery box. I was kind of panicked, because I really did not want to eat it.... but I NEVER throw away food, so I had to find a way to trick my senses.
Some years later, I made beetroot salad, beetroot verrine, roasted beetroots, beetroot carpaccio, beetroot cake, and so today, we will make BEETROOT HUMMUS!

It is an easy and quick way to create a surprising dip for an aperitif or starter!

Ingredients for 6 persons:
- 250 gr. of cooked beetroots
- 200 gr. of cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp. of hazelnut butter
- 1/2 apple
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and pepper

Just put all the ingredients together in the blender, starting with the liquids. Blend till smooth.

Feel free to add more liquid if the hummus it is too thick, or add chickpeas if it is too smooth.

You can also try adding some mustard instead of the vinegar.

Just feel free to adapt and create your own favorite hummus!

Beetroot Hummus recipe by Appetit Voyage
Skip a beat-root hummus! BAM!
Serve with  parsley puree and olive oil on top, or with crushed roasted hazelnuts. It will go heavenly with fresh veggies, crackers, chips. One of my favorite toast is sweet potato chip, beetroot hummus and anchovy! Really yummy!

If you are looking for more recipes to create the perfect aperitif, have a look at my post Aperidip and the French verrines! I hope they will be inspiring.

a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts