Fuerteventura and Lanzarote,....

... Or how to touch the Paradise on earth!
I just come back from 2 weeks of holidays, going through Madrid, the Canary Islands and ending in Edimburgh,... 2 fantastic weeks where I discovered a lot of things, experimented new flavours and found good tips or highly not recommended places! I want to share this with all of you!

Let´s start the tour with Fuerteventura and Lanzarote! A cheap and still beautiful islands! These 2 volcanic islands situated on the North West coast of Africa. They are part of a Spanish 7 islands archipelago. The temperature is between 20ºC and 30 ºC all over the year,... The both islands where I have been ,are more like a desert, where in some beaches, the tourist planted his flag of tour operator and hotels complex converting the rocks and sand in concrete...
Even like that the islands keep being deserts, with lonely beaches, of black or white sand,...
Do I have to explain that I really like it?
We paid really few money, and went to a very simple apparthotel. Nothing extraordinary, but when you know that you will not be inside the whole day, and just need a shower and the bed to rest for the night,... you do not need more luxe!

Canary Islands also have a rich and colourfull gastronomy! I enjoyed one week of fresh fish, papas arrugas , potajes canarios, goats,....
I would like to share with you a couple of recipes like the papas arrugas, easy and delicious! and recommend a couple of places where I´ve been!

I only had a bad experience in Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote at La Cañada restaurant,... It was a recommended restaurant from the Michelin Guide, and was the worst experience I had in a lot of time!

Comments

Popular Posts