Dutch cheese cake


I arrived in Haarlem (Nl) 2 weeks ago, to test the life here! I know already the Netherlands, I lived there one year, 11 years ago,... but the switch from Madrid to Haarlem in autumn is still huge and I try to get adapted.
The Dutch gastronomy is not really famous,... actually, it does not really exist,... I'm sorry! Food and wines are not the main priorities for Dutch people, so they do not have neither a real gastronomic culture,... said like this, it is a little depressing for somebody as I am.
But I decided not to be stopped by this, and try to find the good parts of food and wines in this country, and perhaps, help people to know better this subject!

Something I really enjoy here, is all the cafés you can find, all so cute, with candles, flowers, etc,... I love to sit next to the window or outside and choose my tea, or have a cappuccino,... and if I'm a little bit hungry, I choose a appeltaart met slagroom!!!! it is absolutely delicious!

So I had an idea for a romantic dinner we prepared with my boyfriend. I wanted to do something like the appeltaart, but with the challenge that I do not have oven for the moment at my new home!

Then, I created this Dutch Cheese Cake!

DUTCH CHEESE CAKE!

Ingredients for 4/6 persons:
- 200 grs. Speculaas cookies
- 100 grs. Butter
- 2 apples
- 200 grs. cream cheese
- 50 grs. Sugar
- 100 ml Cream
- 3 eggs (only the whites)
- 3 jelly folds
- 2 coffee spoons of Cinnamon (you can put less if you don’t like the strong flavor! Or change it for a cinnamon tea.

Crash the speculaas, and warm the butter, when it’s liquid, wait for 5 min and then mix it with the cookies. Put this paste in a baking pan and put it in the fridge for 30 min aprox.

In the meanwhile, boil the cream and add it the cinnamon. Let it infuse for 5 min out of the heat.
In a bowl, mix the cheese, the sugar and the whisked egg whites.

Put the jelly folds in cold water to smooth them, and add it to the hot cream. Mix properly in order to dissolve the jelly well. When this mix is lukewarm, add the cheese and mix it well.
Put it on the top of the cookies and put it again in the fridge.

Peel the apples and slice them. In a pan, with a little bit of butter, roast the slices, and add 2 spoons of sugar to get caramel. When the apples are golden and caramelized, take it off, and put it on the top of the cheese cake, that should be already a little bit thicker.

Serve the cheese cake with wipped cream or chocolate sauce.

a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!
Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage
A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!
 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...
A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts