Misa's Noodle Salad


I’ve just read a beautiful book from Haruki Murakami: Norwegian Wood. It has been my introduction to Murakami, and I still wonder how I could ignore him till now!!!! The story is pretty sad, I closed the book, with this small depressing feeling in my heart,… I thought I could not let this sadness go through like this, and start thinking in what could give me back my positive energy.

So I started to think about Japan, all these amazing places, these amazing people,… and of course the food! The first time I went to Tokyo, I was so excited! The first thing we did, was looking for sushi restaurant!

I never tried better sushis than the ones I had in Tokyo,… it was something really wonderful, the taste, the texture, everything so delicate and refined,… WAHOU!

I cannot spend a lot of time without eating sushi or Japanese food,… I brought back from there, sushis ideas, I tried at home, and I started to do my makis, nigiris and sushis,…
I will give you some tips,… but for now, my goal was to find a quick and easy Japanese touch to warm me up! And by a sudden, I said “Misa”!

Misa is a very close friend of mine, a fanatic food eater, and wonderful cook! She prepared us last year a wonderful noodle salad, I remembered for 3 days, before I convinced her to do it again for me!!!!
This is a positive and love dish, I recommend if you want to forget about your problems!

In order to prepare it you need:
- 200 Gr. Minced pork meat
- 1 handful of black Chinese mushrooms
- 1/2 Red onion
- 3 tbsp. of soy sauce or tamari sauce for Celiacs
- 80 Gr. Of rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Coriander, pepper

1/ The Chinese mushroom used to be found dried. You will find them in Asiatic shops or if you are lucky at your supermarket, if it has an oriental shelf.
In a bowl with cold water, let the mushrooms for 5 to 10 min in order they get soft. Take care, the size of the mushroom is really amazing regarding the dried version, and from a small piece, you can get much more than you can eat,…

2/ Once your mushrooms are ready, slice them and fry them with the meat and 2 spoons of olive oil in a fried pan, till the meat is really crispy. 5 minutes before ending, add the soy sauce to the mixture.

3/ Slice the onion very thinly, as thin as you can and reserve it. Misa used to remain it in water for a while in order to not have a too much onion taste,…

4/ Then cook the noodles in boiling water for 5 min.

5/ Finally, put in a bowl the noodles, onions and mushroom and meat mix. Season with pepper, lemon and fresh coriander. If you want a stronger taste, you can add more soy sauce.

Go and enjoy it with your friends!!!! I went crazy with this taste, I hope you’ll enjoy as much as I did!
And now I will go and prepare some, because reminding it, just give me an uncontrolled desire to try it again!!!! 

a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts