Pumpkin is a fascinating vegetable for me! When autumn comes, I just start to eat pumpkin in every ways I imagine!
Ingredients for 4/6 persons:
- 1,5 Kgs. Pumpkin
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 150 Grs. Smoked ham in slices
- 100 Grs. Of comté cheese
- 10 baguette bread slices
- Salt, pepper and olive oil
Turn on the oven at 220ºC.
1. Choose some baguette bread from the day before that is already getting hard.
Try to slice it in 1cm thick slices. In a fry pan, we add 2 tbs of olive oil, and fry the bread. When it is golden, we crush the garlic on both sides of the bread.
2. Prepare the pumpkin, cut it, take off the inside fibers and seeds and peel it. Cut it into large slices. Cook the pumpkin in salted boiling water for 20 min.
3. In a baking pan, crush the rest of the garlic flavored in the inside sides.
4. Then, put a layer of bread first, then the pumpkin slices and then the ham.
5. Finally, grate some comté cheese; Add salt and pepper.
Put it in the oven 30 min at 180ºC.
The cheese will give the crusty touch, the ham the flavor, and the bread will sponge the juice of the pumpkin and the rest of the ingredients,…
This is absolutely delicious!!!!
Do you want to discover other French regional tians and some of my own creation from my travels around the world?
I will release a handy ebook about tian at the end of the month! You can already reserve it here and get it for FREE!
A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!