Spanish Squash Tian Gratin
|Spanish Squash Tian Gratin|
Be careful because this dish can create addiction!
During fall and winter, we are used to have a lot of pumpkin, butternut and squash at home, so you need to be creative sometime to cook it if you do not want to get bored!
This recipe is a pure creation, inspired from my beloved Spain and its delicious pork meat and the Netherlands. At the crossroad, you find me and my squash gratin!
Ingredients for 6 persons:
- 1.5 of squash
- 250 of Brie cheese
- Dry bread slices (from the former days)
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper
1. Turn on the oven a 180ºC.
2. In a baking tray, spread some olive oil inside. Toast the bread and then crush the peeled garlic clove on it. Place this garlic bread in the bottom of the baking tray.
3. Open the squash take off the seeds and fibres and peel it. Cut in slices.
4. Slice the brie and start to make rows of pumpkin and brie on top of the bread till you fill up the whole tray.
5. Spread on top some paste, add salt and pepper and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
Be careful that the heat does not burn the top before the squash is done. If you see that the top is getting too brown, place an aluminium foil to cover it till the end of the cooking.
Serve it warm with some roasted meat or chicken. The mix of the sweet and soft squash with the strong and the creamy brie cheese is just amazing!
Enjoy it and let me know what you thought about the recipe!
You can find plenty of more recipes with squash and pumpkin in my FREE Ebook
or other Tian Gratin in the FREE Ebook World Tour of Tian Gratin!
a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!
Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage
A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!
Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...
A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!