Walnuts delights, a healthy christmas treat to celebrate without guilt!
Christmas is around the corner! As always, time flies! One year ago, I was packing my life in Haarlem, and moving back to France! This year more than ever, I need to create some healthy snacks and treats for Christmas, to compensate all the guilty food we already started to eat
This recipe is inspired from one of my childhood recipes I kept with me all these years.
To be honest, the final result is quite far away from the original version, but I was in shock when I tried it the first time! It is so delicious!
On top of this, I have to say that it is a very simple and easy recipe to have ready in the freezer all over the year!
|Walnut Delight Roll|
- 100 gr. rolled oats (choose gluten free oats if celiac)
- 4 tbsp. of pure cocoa + 1 tbsp. Extra for the decoration
- 15 walnuts
- 100 gr. (3.5 oz.) of butter or coconut oil
- 10 tbsp. of hazelnut milk
- 4 tbsp. of honey
1. Pour the oats in a bowl and add the hazelnut milk.
2. Add the cocoa powder, the roughly sliced walnuts and the coconut oil.
3. Mix well all the ingredients and shape the dough as a small roll.
4. Film it and place it in the freezer for 2h.
5. Take it out and roll it into the cocoa powder.
|Slice the walnut delight and roll in cocoa|
6. Slice the walnut delight into bites. Enjoy!
Tip: The best thing about it is that you can prepare it in advance and freeze it. When you want to have them ready, take them off the freezer 4h in advance at least, or the day before and you keep it in the fridge before your roll them in the cocoa. I can tell you it will be still perfect! I forgot my roll in the freezer, then lost it one more week in the fridge (do not ask how someone can lose something in a fridge, it only happens to me!), and even after all these tricks, the texture and flavor were amazing!
a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!
Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage
A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!
Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...
A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!