Café Colette in Haarlem

Oude Groenmarkt 22 2011 HL Haarlem
Phone: 023-5329357
I've just tried a new restaurant in Haarlem. Café Colette is a French international bistrot. The place is nice and welcoming.

As any new spot in Haarlem, of course, it was totally full! But we could find a small space on the bar to have dinner! That was great!
You can find a really broad range of dishes on the menu that can make everybody happy! Small hapjes Dutch and French style, salads, fish, meat, pasta, and traditional French dishes.
It took me a while before I could decide what to try and test the cooking. I have to say that I was quite curious to see how good they were cooking French dishes! 
Then, I decided to try the Boeuf Bourguignon that was standing like a king dish in the middle of the menu. 
In my opinion, Boeuf Bourguignon is a delicate dish and not so easy to achieve. Basically, this is a stew recipe from the Eastern part of France where beef meat is braised in a red wine and served with onions, mushrooms, carrots.


I have to say that I was disappointed by the dish I was served,... the gravy was really liquid, and the mushrooms seemed to come from a can. We shared a nice bottle of red Sancerre that was nice instead!


I will give the place another chance, but for now, I am not convinced. I don't really like the people that are making marketing around the French (or Spanish, or Italian) cuisine but do not have chefs or ingredients quality following up. If I compare it with the nice bistrot Le Bouchon du Centre, where I also went recently, this is all the more obvious!


Did you already tried this restaurant? Did you enjoy the experience? I would love to have your comment and see if I am the only who had been disappointed! Leave your comment just below the post! Thanks!


a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts