Winter Fruit Gratin by Stephie
This is a comfy recipe, quick and easy to make that will give you the best of winter tastes!
Ingredients for 4/6 persons:
- 2 Apples
- 3 Pears
- 50 grs. Prunes (without pit if possible)
- 75 grs. Nuts
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml of liquid cream
- 50 grs of white sugar
- 1 tbs. Of fruit brandy
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
1. First wash well the fruits. You can peel it or not, as you prefer.
2. Slice the apples and pears in thin wedges.
3. In a bowl, beat the 3 eggs with the sugar, when it gets frothy, add the brandy. Finally add the cream to the mixture and mix well.
4. In a baking pan, place nicely alternating apples, pears wedges and the prunes.
5. Spread the egg and cream mixture on the top of the fruit. Coarsely crush the nuts with your fingers on the top.
6. Put in the oven for 30 min at 180ºC. When the mixture is solid like a kind of jelly, it is ready.
Serve with biscuits or cookies.
Tip: Which pear and apple varieties to choose for cooking?
There are plenty of varieties of pears and apples, and not all of them are suitable for cooking. Among the ones suitable for cooking, there are some special ones that will make the difference between a nice dessert and an outstanding experience!
For pears, the best one for me is the Williams pear variety! And for the apple the Delicious Golden is amazing!
a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!
Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage
A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!
Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...
A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!