Manolo's Birthday cake!

This weekend was my boyfriend´s birthday! I looked some cake recipe, and adapt it as I like to do!!!!

Ingredients for 8 persons:
- 225 grs. wheat floor
- 225 grs. of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp. of cocoa powder mixed with 4 tbsp. of hot water
- 75 grs. of butter
- 75 grs of chocolate
- 1 baking powder packet

For the decoration: small raspberries marmelade and 150 grs of dark chocolate with 25 grs of butter

First I mix the sugar with yolks, add the cocoa mixture and the melted butter. I mix properly. Then I add the flour with the baking powder and mix it. Whisk the whitey eggs till they are really hard and add it to the former mixture. At the end, I add 75 grs of chocolate melted with a spoon of water 30 sec. in the microwave.
I put the preparation in a buttered baking pan and put it at 200ÂșC for 25 minutes!(in the oven!)

When the cake is ready, let it cool for 30 minutes. Then Slice it in 2 rounds and spread the raspberries marmelade in the middle of the cake. The best way is to do it with a large and long knife, a salmon, ham or better than ever, a bread knife! Go slowly and you'l see how easy it´s to do!

But again the second round on the top. A part, I prepare and chocolate topping with 150 grs. of chocolate, melted with 25 grs of butter. Take care to not overheat the chocolate, otherwise it turns thick. Let it cool for 10 minutes before to spread it on the cake. Then I served it with toasted almond slices!

It´s a new vresion of the chocolate cake, and I really like the mix of the raspberries, a little bit acids and the chocolate,... enjoy the experience!

Comments

Popular Posts