Chicken curry

When I do a wine tasting, I always take care to propose some tapas or small hapjes (Dutch snacks) that pair with the wine. 

Wines are valuable if you share them with people and pair them with food. I cannot think about tasting or drinking wine without eating or alone!

It is maybe why I started to teach people, share my knowledge and share an experience! Every tasting is different; every cooking class is unique! Because, each time, I meet new people, with different points of view, and each of them brings something to the group!

This weekend, I went back home, in France for my 1st wine tasting in my village! I was really excited and felt really blessed that my uncle Gervais gathered his friends and gave me this opportunity!

We did a white wine tasting initiation, with French wines. It was really interesting and nice. I also proposed new dishes and one of them was a chicken curry!

Here is the recipe for this easy and quick chicken curry for 10 persons:
- 1 kgs. of chicken filet/breast
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs. of olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- salt, pepper
- 2 tbs. of curry powder
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of 4 spices

In a wok or fried pan, I put the olive oil, the onion and garlic sliced thinly with the green bell pepper cut in squares. 
I first fry all this at medium heat for 5 minutes, and when the onion are getting golden, I add the tomatoes sliced in squares too. 
I let it fry  2 more minutes, and add the chicken breasts sliced in small pieces. I let the chicken gets golden and stir in order that all the faces gets nice. Then I add the curry powder on the chicken and the salt and let the chicken gets well covered with the curry.
I finally add the coconut milk, and different spices. I lower the heat cover for 20 minutes.

It is a good idea to prepare it in advance and let all the flavors melt properly for 1/2 day before to warm it and eat it.
Serve the chicken curry with roasted almonds and fresh coriander and some rice.

This dish was served with a Gewurtztramminer 2009 from Hugel & Fils, one of my favorites Alsatian winery. The nice sweet spices of the wine match perfectly with this soft curry!

Comments

Popular Posts