Kagetsu, the Japanese spirit in Amsterdam

Kastelenstraat 268
1082 EJ Amsterdam Buitenveldert
Tel: 020 337 9383
www.kagetsu.nl

I discovered this small Japanese restaurant in Amsterdam that made me change my mind about quality Japanese cuisine in the Netherlands!


I am tired of all these Japanese restaurants that offer you a “all you can eat” deal for sushi! This is so far away from the quality spirit of Japanese cuisine. My Japanese cuisine education had been made by Japanese friends for years now, and my repeated trips to Japan really made me discover this amazing gastronomy! I do have a high respect of the Japanese culture and cuisine, one of the most refined in the world in my opinion. In this world of elegance, sushi is a luxury dish, not a "all you can eat" buffet!
Moreover, for Japanese cuisine lovers, like me, sushis are not the only dish this country can offer!

In a warm and wooden atmosphere, we seat in a quite empty restaurant for a Thursday evening. We are in the South of Amsterdam, and that is true that the neighborhood is more likely flats… it does not matter! 

A smiling young Japanese waitress welcome us, and take our command. She is surprised that we choose some specialties. 
The menu is quite short, and there is no sushi on the menu! For me it sounds like authentic cuisine! Japanese kitchen is far more extended thanthe famous sushi, sashimi and makis! 


Let’s go back to the traditional Japanese cuisine, the one you find everywhere in Japan, and that Japanese are actually more used to eat! Sushi is luxury for special occasion.

We chose some starters with tofu, pickled cucumber, and other radish and turnips, chicken skin with ponzu sauce, wakame salad.


For main dish, you have like 5 choice of rice with some homemade food: chicken, pork, eel… I went for the eel, as I love it!

Kagetsu has also 2 other locations in Amsterdam to try! I have to say already, I am totally convinced!





Do you want to know more about Japanese cuisine? 
Check this post: Mini guide to understand Japanese cuisine


a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts