Asian style Red Seabass filet with Miso sauce

Your globe-trotter host!
Miso  Red Sea Bass Fillet by Appetit Voyage
I can't help it,... for the ones who are following my blog for a long time, you would have noticed perhaps that lately, I am mainly inspired by Asia and the Middle East. You just have to check the last recipes I posted: caramelized spicy prawns, Oriental Spinach, Mushrooms samosas, Mini guide to understand Japanese Cuisine, or the Chinese Cuisine, Culture discovery.

My trip to China has just reactivated my fascination for this continent that started a lot of years ago with Japan.

Yesterday night, I had some friends over for dinner, and wanted to cook some fresh fish. For days, I was wondering how to cook the fish, and I woke up yesterday morning, and had this idea I want to share with you because it really came out brightly!

Ingredients for 6 persons:
- 1 kilo of Red Sea bass fillet
- 1 tbs. of Shiro miso paste (you can find it in Asian shops)
- 1 tbs. of Chinese green tea
- 1 tbs. of sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- Pepper
- 2 tbs. of corn starch (I usually use Maizena)

The Miso Sauce:
Prepare a tea with the green tea leaves and let it infuse for at least 5 minutes.
In a pan, mix the miso paste with the tea. Take a spoon of the liquid mixture in a small bowl and add the corn starch. Stir till the corn starch is total and well mixed with no lumps. 

Then pour back to the pan the corn starch mixture and stir for 3 minutes, till the sauce gets a thick consistence. Add the soy sauce and the pepper.

Reserve.

The Fish:
You only need to steam the fresh fish 7 minutes so, You can do it at the last moment, before service.

Prepare 6 portions in the fillet and place it on the steamer and top with the tea leaves of your tea.

World Tour of Tian Gratins by Appetit Voyage
My Dutch Tian gratin by Appetit Voyage
For the service, warm up the miso sauce. Spread first the sauce on the plate. Place on top the fish with the skin on top (if you kept the skin). Decorate with the fresh spring onion chopped thinly and the sesame seeds.

A very nice side dish to this delicate and tasty fish, is My Dutch Tian gratin, you can find on my e-book World Tour of Tian Gratins. Broccoli is especially suiting the miso taste. I hope you will enjoy it as I did!

You will love to have your feedback either posting a comment right after this post, or on the Facebook page in order we can share your experience!
 
 
a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts