PLATEA: the new gastro hub and hotspot in Madrid

Platea Menu by Appetit Voyage

Platea is nothing more than the new hot spot for all the international foodies visiting Madrid, a new kind of gastro-hub where you will find all you can dream of!

 I had a short stop in Madrid, and I made myself clear to my friends: I want to try the new gastronomic market in Madrid!

The new temple opened in June and after several years the old famous cinema from Plaza Colón, in the heart of Madrid, reopened as a magnificent food hub. It is not a market, it is not a restaurant or a tapas bar, it is a concentrated essence of what Madrid gastronomy can offer to its people and to the world.

Platea n Madrid, the gastro hub by Appetit Voyage
So, when, I stepped in the huge hall, I was already feeling like thrilled,... At the beginning it was looking more like entering a big mall, so I was not that pleased, but quickly I found my way to the main hall, and my eyes started to lighten up because of the all the sparkling lights and golden finish  decoration. I was stunned! 
The place kept the original shape and volume from the cinema, and you could navigate to different levels all open to the center. The strategic point was a long bars and tables with a decadent 20s style that I just fell in love with! Even though the place is huge, you feel straight quite cozy, welcoming and comfortable
Waiters are really efficient and kind. They take the time to explain you the concept and are patient enough to take the order of 6 crazy girls with their cocktails!
Platea in Madrid, the gastro hub by Appetit Voyage

While they serve the drinks at your table, I have to go and order the food you like at one of the stand of the 2 levels full of Spanish tapas but also International cuisine like Italian, Peruvian, Mexican or Japanese.

You can also do you grocery shopping among delicatessen products.



Delicious Tapas in Platea, Madrid by Appetit Voyage


All this, with live music from the scene. What else can you ask? great sound, great food, great cocktails, great service!

As you can understand, I can only recommend you to try it! Arrive early to get easily a seat, or book a table at the upper level restaurant for a fine dining experience. I will stay with the enthusiastic crowd downstairs, where tourists and Madrilenos mixed together.

 If you already had been there, I would love to have your impressions and share with us if you liked it or not?
Sparkling, glittering Platea decoration by Appetit Voyage
a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops,
Bar in Platea, by Appetit Voyage
either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...
 cookingandtasting@appetitvoyage.com

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts