Surprisingly Delicious Fried Caulflower Rice



Surprisingly Delicious Fried Cauliflower Rice by Appetit Voyage
Fried Cauliflower rice, fish and Broccoli

When your gourmet boyfriend spend the whole dinner saying the meal is delicious and amazing, you know you have a winner!

If I am committed to healthy and yummy food, my boyfriend is even more, and his opinion is always important to me because he has sensitive taste buds!

Fried cauliflower rice was looking dubious to him, till he really got surprised and found it delicious!
I love the idea to trick mind and taste buds and switch some of the grains by some more veggies! 

But if you really want to make it, you need to fake it very well! ;-)


I also had my doubts while I was cooking this surprisingly delicious fried cauliflower rice... I was not sure to get into such a nice taste. And I am going to be honest, I really created this spices mix out of the blue... 
Starting by getting rid of some old dried clementines. If they were not going to be eaten like this, I knew they were still juicy inside. So I thought I could switch the lemon by these babies.

Yuzu peel is one of my favorite taste and I add it to any Asian- Japan style cooking or any citrus flavors. Yuzu has this unique taste between mandarine and lemon. I could put my hands on some dried yuzu peel. If you cannot find it, a mix of clementine and lemon is great as well!

Sesame seeds are always a winner with cauliflower, broccoli and fish, so going in!

From there, then, I just follow my creative instinct! The result is so surprisingly delicious, I had to share it with you!

Surprisingly Delicious Fried Cauliflower Rice by Appetit Voyage
Fried Cauliflower Rice golden and ready!
Ingredients for 2/3 persons: 
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 clementine juice
- 1 tbsp. of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower seeds
- 1 pinch of  dried yuzu peel or orange/clementine peel
- 1 pinch of Madagascar pepper
- 1 pinch of mariguette pepper (or any other flavored pepper)
- salt and black pepper

1/ Clean and cut the cauliflower into bouquets. Place in a food processor and crush till you get a rice size. The result is pretty awesome!!!

2/ In a stir-fry pan, melt 1 tbsp. of coconut oil with crushed garlic for 2 minutes at medium heat, till the garlic puree starts to sing and color.

3/ Add the cauliflower rice, stir regularly and cook for at least 20 minutes at medium-low heat.

4/ Then add all the spices, the yuzu peel and the seeds. Stir again and let cook 5 more minutes. Increase heat till medium again.

5/ Add the clementine juice and mix well till the juice is all evaporated. When the rice is starting to finally get golden and dry, it is ready.

Surprisingly Delicious Fried Cauliflower Rice by Appetit Voyage
Roasted Broccoli to go with the Cauliflower rice
6/ I served the rice with some roasted broccoli only topped with sesame seeds, olive oil, salt and pepper. I added steamed fish and I prepare my secret Japanese sauce!!!

Secret Japanese sauce:
This sauce is so delicious and healthy, it is perfect to get you used to eat greens! I tricked myself to it actually!
The one I did this time is mixing 1 tbsp. of cashew butter, 1/2 clementine juice, 1 tbsp. of soy/tamari sauce, black and white sesame seeds, 1 splash of lemon juice and black pepper.
Surprisingly Delicious Fried Cauliflower Rice by Appetit Voyage
Secret Japanese Sauce
It is amazing with broccoli, green beans, green leaves, or any veggies you like to pimp!

Now you can trick everybody and make the whole family eat cauliflower and more veggies!!!!

a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com
Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage
Follow us on Twitter @appetitvoyage

A ppetit Voyage agenda is updated regularly, so come and visit our website www.appetitvoyage.com to check the next workshops, either for cooking or wine tasting!

 Feel free to contact us and ask for a private dinner or party with your friends or colleagues: Birthdays, Bachelors, Baby shower, etc...

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts