4 Easter & Spring recipes ideas

Spring 2021 looks like 2020 very much, don't you think? And, let's be honest, it is not a good news. The only good news is that sun is back, good weather as well, and my garden is full of spring flowers!

I can really start to enjoy all the work I had been doing the past year outside, and it really fills my heart with joy!


Easter is around the corner and again, I do have the feeling that the celebration will not be complete.

Although, I decided to try my best and savor it. The past months, I could see amazing new talents coming out on Youtube and Instagram, proposing great recipes and new formats. All these people are inspirational to me. If you want to know who I follow, go to my Instagram account and have a look: from local food bloggers in Lyon to the top international chefs all over the world, all bring something unique to the gastronomic scene.

Let's share with you some spring recipes inspired by people around:


CARPACCIO A LA PASSARD
Gold turnip carpaccio à la Passard

I am following Chef Alain Passard on Instagram, and I must say it is really eye opening and inspiring. He always create delicate veggies carpaccio combining flavors in an unique way.

This carpaccio is totally inspired from its Instagram.

I oven roasted a yellow turnip for 30 minutes at 180C. Check with a knife if it is cooked. It can vary depending on the size of the root and your oven.

Once, all the flavors are well concentrated and cool down, slice the turnip in thin slices. Slice some radish as well.

Place on plate, sprinkle with walnuts and add some chunks of fresh goat cheese. Drizzle some roasted rapeseed oil or sesame oil if you do not have in hand the first one. Some Penja white pepper and ready to serve!

The mix of texture and taste is really nice. It makes a great starter, light, delicate where the flavor of the turnip is sublime.

 

Spring rolls

 Ingredients for 4 persons:

- 4 or 8 rice round sheets
- rice noodles
- shredded raw carrots and or raw beetroots
- raw soy bean sprouts
- 8 or 16 peeled prawns
- 1 handful of fresh basil, Thai basil if possible
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 handful of fresh coriander

 Feel free to add any fresh and raw veggies you have in hand: radish, kiwi, cucumber, mushroom, spring onion, etc.

You can make them vegetarian or add shrimps, tuna, salmon, chicken. Combinations are endless, the limit is your creativity!

 You can find the full recipe and steps for rolling in my previous post here!

 In addition, you will get 3 different sauce recipes to upgrade your tasting and makes everybody happy.

I personally like the raw and crunchiness of the spring roll. It is addictive. I remember, traveling in Vietnam and having them every single day during 3 weeks and never get tired of it. It is an ode to spring!


Quails eggs nest salad

 This is a simple and quick starter perfect for Easter.

This recipe is part of a list of ideas for Easter I published some years ago, and I think they are still amazing. You can find 5 more starters here!

 


Roasted feta with spinach and green asparagus

 I don't know if you feel the same fever as I do for some weeks, but I only see roasted feta cheese everywhere!

And I cannot but agree. ;-)

I started to make some oven baked feta cheese some years ago, with pickled lemon, black olives, rosemary, garlic and olive oil. This is such an easy and amazing aperitif; You put it on the table with some good bread, and everyone can dig in. 

Of course, we are in 2021, and sharing the same plate is out of fashion of course. Tough, I made more roasted feta cheese with veggies during this winter and spring. It is a great dish for a brunch, as a starter or light lunch.

I keep it easy and quick. Choose a true feta cheese from Greece. Make sure you can read "feta" and you can find the European PDO label, ensuring the product is made in Greece with the traditional recipe.

 Place it on a large oven tray. Add your veggies: green asparagus and/or spinach. You can use fresh or frozen. Add some shallot thinly sliced, olive oil, some slice black olives, thyme, rosemary, black pepper and pine nuts, sesame or sunflower seeds.

Put it in the oven for 25/30 minutes at 180C. When the feta is golden on the edges, it is ready.

It is delicious on its own or can complement any rice, pasta dish. Personally, I like it like this, nothing more.


I hope you can find inspiration for this weekend and you can enjoy cooking. For more ideas, feel free to follow me. I am especially active on Instagram, and you will get a sneak view of my daily life as well.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/appetit.voyage

 

a ppetit voyage is much more than reviews and recipes!

 

Follow the blog: www.appetitvoyage.com

 Share your ideas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/appetitvoyage

Follow me on Twitter @appetitvoyage

 Feel free to contact me for any help:  cookingandtasting@appetitvoyage.com

 

A ppetit Voyage is your globe-trotting connoisseur: helping you change your mind about food, wines and cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts